On December 13, 2017, the NLU Online Campus will implement D2L's responsive, mobile-friendly Daylight interface.
What to Expect
Home pages will be the most obvious indication that a new day has dawned. Home page improvements include:
- You will first notice the new, sleeker look for the "My Home" page;
- Attractive, high-res couse images provide a distinct visual link between the course listing on "My Home" (via a tile in the "My Courses" widget) and the course home page banner;
- The redesigned "My courses" widget overlays course images with text information about the course and its status;
- A cleaner design neatly and functionally collapses and rearranges to fit your device;
- Additional functionality for instructors on course home pages.
New Look, Same Functionality
Everything will work the same way as pre-Daylight, but the visual interface will be simpler, cleaner, and will even work on your smart phone! Sometimes "advanced" settings are tucked behind a "more details" link, but they are still available to you. You may be noticing some of these changes already in our pre-Daylight environment; an example is the "new look" for the Quiz tool.
Want to know more?
Ask your questions in the comments below. Then watch this space for further updates. And please, stop by the Daylight Lab at the Winter Connection.